About Shepton PTSA
For questions regarding the Shepton PTSA, contact the appropriate member of our Board & Chairs.
All Shepton PTSA Board and General Meetings dates, as well as other event information, can be found in our online calendar.
Purposes of PTSA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life.To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers must cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Mission of PTSA
The mission of the PTSA is three-fold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
Goals of PTSA
- Provide Shepton students with well-rounded academic and enrichment opportunities.
- Provide educational and informative parenting programs to meet the needs of our Parents.
- Provide communication about PTSA and school activities, business partnerships, and School Based Improvement Committee information through newsletters, calendars, website and other appropriate channels.
- Encourage two-way communication, foster parent participation in their children’s education, and encourage cooperation among teachers, administrators and parents for the education of our children.
- Provide family activities and foster school spirit.
- Provide parents with PISD School Board and state legislative information on education matters.
- Provide volunteers to assist teachers and staff in areas and acknowledge their efforts.
- Provide teacher and staff appreciation.
- Sponsor fundraisers which will be used to enrich the learning environment of all students of Shepton High School.
- Welcome new students and their families and continue to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere at Shepton for all students, staff, and families.
- Create an environment of cultural diversity and increase opportunities for awareness of different cultures.
The Shepton PTSA helps create a positive learning environment for the students and staff.
The Mission of the Shepton PTSA is to provide
- Communication through the website and newsletter
- Support of Parents, Students, and Staff through
- Educational programs
- Teacher and Student Organization Grants
- A positive learning environment for the students and staff
Shepton PTSA President
2022 PTSA AWARDS
2021 PTSA AWARDS
2020 PTSA AWARDS
Texas PTSA Awards
Texas PTSA Awards
Texas PTA Awards
Spring Increase Award